If your child is anything like mine then he convinces himself based on a sideways look as to the merit of each morsel that is daring to enter his mouth. The greener it is, the more difficult the entry becomes. This recipe is a sure fire way for those picky boys and girls to enjoy the good food they need without ever knowing that they are.(at least until they are emotionally ready for the truth).While reading Pamela Druckerman’s Bringing up Bebe, I have discovered that by having these questionable items pass my child’s lips, he will eventually gain a palette for them and eventually eat them without question and finally enjoy them. I have seen this first hand as my previously grey food eating child is now reveling in cantaloupe, braised ribs, garlicky pork cutlets, green peas with red peppers, mineral water, lettuce, sour cream, mixed vegetable soup, zucchini fritters and yes trick manicotti.
Healthy Trick Sauce
- Put everything in blender; blend.
- Pour over stuffed tubes.
- Follow package instructions for baking your manicotti.
- This version will come out with the sauce baked right into the noodles. Kids never know that they are eating greenish sauce filled with antioxidants, vitamin A, C and K.
- Top with your child’s favorite sauce and cheese; mine favours white sauce.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and meld together .
- Add cream.
- Add Parmesan allow to melt while stirring.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.